Friday, February 15, 2013

Nathan G. Moore House - Oak Park, Illinois

Yes, here it is once again. A piece of Frank Lloyd Architecture.

This is the Nathan G. Moore House, AKA the Moore-Dugal Residence and it is just a block or so away from Frank's home in Oak Park.

As I have mentioned before, we passed many houses in the Oak Park area, that were creations of Frank Lloyd Wright. This particular one looked a little bit like a Church. I was not sure why that was, but after reading a wikipedia article about the home, which you can read HERE, I think I finally figured it out. It was the Tudor styling and the stained glass windows in the bay window, that gave it that look.

I really loved the way the house stands so proud at 3 stories tall! It just dominates the street it is on.

The restoration was done so well, that you can't tell it is over 100 years later.

According to the article, Frank was not happy using the Tudor style, but he did manage to blend Tudor and his own style and for that, I am thankful.

I am so glad I have managed to see so many of his pieces and I hope to showcase another one or two, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment