Friday, November 15, 2013

The Finch Dance Off!

So the big day came...our Finch Dance Off.

If you remember, about a month ago, I had to spend a week with a robotic Finch, trying to program it to dance. I mentioned it on a post, HERE. Well, I was probably a total failure at that, but I ended up pulling it off in the end.

What I did do, is that I chose a piece of music that matched the racedriver program I had to use as an example. So the subtle modifications I made to that program, kept to that basic programming.

What I hoped, was that when the Finch did its thing, it would match the music and the two parts would actually work together.

When I ran the program and the music on dance day, my programming looked OK and it did work with the music. Win!

I couldn't believe it!

The teacher (seen in the 2nd photo) had us text to vote, similar to what people do for things like American Idol.

In great news for me, I actually got a vote!

I was totally fine with the result and I did learn a bit about programming and mostly how to persevere and pull success out of the jaws of failure.

Isn't that what life is all about. :-)

2 comments:

  1. My little Sis.(height not age) is growing up so fast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad I couldn't show it off to you. But I was happy and that was important to me.

    ReplyDelete