Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dinner With A Friend

I have mentioned my ex-boyfriend before. HERE is the post from about a year ago.

He lived in LA for a few years and when he and his wife left the area, they left behind a storage unit. Well, now that he has his home in Upstate New York, he has finally decided to reunite his family with their stuff.

Saving that monthly storage charge looks good, too. :-)

I got an email that he would be in town and so we made plans to meet up. Me, my Husband and my ex-boyfriend. Since it was a Friday night, we did the meet up at KCET. That way he got to see the station, at its new digs in Burbank and we could dine right across the street, at El Torito.

It was good to catch up with him and show him around. I got to totally blow him away with how TV production is now done. We had our production control room setting up for a UFC fight on Saturday and so he saw the empty room (green screen) and yet it was all together in the production control room. The fight was out of Ireland and of course we make it look like the hosts are right there by ringside...via their physical presence in Burbank, of course.

My other New York friend (the one who I went to see "The Last Confession" with) had just left the Country on Thursday, so she could not attend.

Unfortunately for my Husband and I, we had to turn down a trip to the Magic Castle on Saturday. A friend of his got 5 tickets and we would have loved to go. I had to stay put at home for the weekend and so that was that. From the photos and emails I received, he seemed to have a great time. My magic son was not working, so he did not see him, which was sad. I am sure he would have loved to see him in his professional environment. That was the only downside, that I could see.

Glad to touch base with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment