My Water Post For Today.
It is the feast day of St. Kateri Tekakwitha.
In her honor, I went back to my favorite small town in Upstate New York...Canajoharie.
Just 9 miles from her shrine, this particular photo shows the Mohawk River, where Canajoharie Creek empties into it.
Kateri lived all along this area of the State and it feels appropriate to highlight the water of her home.
The city of Canajoharie has a nice concrete bandstand, for summer concerts right there and I can't think of a better place to listen to music...well, minus the mosquitoes, of course. :-)
In case I have never mentioned it before, Canajoharie in Iroquois means "The pot that washes itself". There is a place called The Boiling Pot, on this small river. There is a circular area where the rushing water keeps the bowl shaped rock formation clean...Canajoharie.
I hope you enjoy.

As a matter of fact, I did!!
ReplyDeleteGood!
ReplyDelete