Thursday, July 31, 2014

EcoCar3 Visits KCET

My son asked me to give his Communications Team Lead a tour of a working Television Station and to talk to our Communications Department, to get some tips. So being an OK kind of Mom, I set it up and yesterday was the day.

I picked them both up at North Hollywood Station and we went to lunch before the meeting. We actually had some time to tour the facility before the meeting and then after the meeting, speak to a few more people who we missed on the first go-round.

When we were in Master Control, the operator (a very good friend of both my son and me) casually asks my son "I am stepping out for a second, you OK with that?" What that meant was that we were the operators on duty for a few seconds. I am sure that made someone's day. :-)

Later on I read that we had actually had a 2 second hit about 15 minutes before we arrived. I wonder if we would have been so calm about it all, if we knew that.

I truly believe that their half hour with our communications team, gave them things to work on and at the same time, showed that they had ideas of their own. Between both things, I am sure they will start this project in September, running, instead of walking.

It is definitely going to be different from last time.

2 comments:

  1. . I am so glad you were able to give Justin's class a chance to look at the Communication Dept. at KCET, I am sure this was a major Hit with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got thank you notes from the Communications Team Lead and she learned so much. I think it was a big hit.

    ReplyDelete