Friday, August 1, 2014

Gladiolus

I have planted gladiolus in the weirdest of spots around the back side of my house, which I have mentioned before on THIS post.

I have them coming out of the middle of shrubs on one side of my house and out of all sorts of trees and plants, on the other side.

Yeah, 25 years later, those empty spots have gotten filled. :-)

So when I happen to pass one that is doing its flowering thing and it is in one of those weird spots, I usually cut the flowers off and bring it in the house. It blooms for the better part of a week.

I find them amazing and my only complaint is that the older flowers die out, while the younger ones (at the top) are still to bloom. I wish they bloomed for the entire time and then died.

I love my white ones, they are truly almost translucent.

Oh and a quick note: Check out my lawn in the back yard. It is really having problems this year, due to the lack of rain. Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sometimes you just luck out. Too bad most Glads tip over from the top heavy flowers (another reason to cut them off when they start blooming).

    ReplyDelete