It has been years since I have mentioned this series. 2007, to be exact. You can read my first post on this series HERE. I also posted in 2008 about a followup book HERE.
The 12th book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series came out, back in April. I did not buy it, because hardcovers cost too much money. Well, I got a good deal on this book and so I added it to my collection. I am glad I did not pay full price though, because basically the series is losing its focus.
This book was a continuation of the very first book in the series "Dark Lover". It is about the King of the race of vampires and his "shellen" (mate).
This books main problem is the fact that you have the original characters and yet, so many of them never turn up in this book. In the later books (where the next generation are the focus) it is understandable, but when you are talking about the king and his Black Dagger Brotherhood Brothers, they should be turning up all over the place. That was not the case at all and their shellen's turned up even less than the brothers. A very noticeable omission.
I enjoyed the book but I find that after reading each one, I am more and more disappointed in the plot lines. The final insult is I find that I only break down and buy it, when the price is right.
Back in the day, I would have the book on order months in advance!
Is it only me who feels this way?
From what I read on Amazon, I fear not.

Angel, get a Kindle!
ReplyDeleteKindle's don't interest me, for some reason.
ReplyDelete