The flame was extinguished and the City is getting itself back to normal, I hope.
The Rio Olympics are no more.
Minus the Ryan Lochte fiasco, I thought the Olympics went well.
As usual, the coverage was totally USA centric, but there is nothing I can do about that.
I enjoyed the events, though I noticed that the men's events were not as exciting as the women's events. I thought it was just me, but I read an article this morning that mentioned how women's events overpowered the same event, when the competitors were men. Can you name a single male on the men's gymnastics team? I know I can't.
I thought Rio can hold its head high, a stellar job, in spite of the adversity of lack of money.
As to building the village upon land that had slums on it, may I point out that the Dodgers did the same thing to Chavez Ravine in Elysian Park. The people who were evicted, still bitch about it 50 years later(which you can read HERE).
On the local front, we in Santa Clarita ended up with competitors who won a total of 8 metals. Alysson Felix ended up with 2 Gold to add to her Silver. David Smith ended up with a Bronze in Men's Volleyball.

No comments:
Post a Comment