I have been attending Mass at the chapel in the hospital, most days.
On Monday I walk into the main lobby of St. Joseph's Hospital and I see a tall man with a cleric's collar. I immediately think that maybe he is visiting a parishioner of his.
While I was walking through the room, a lady comes over and introduces herself and begins to lead the man into the hospital.
They were right in front of me, the entire trip. I should have been prepared for what followed.
When we get to the chapel, our two priests are there to greet the man.
While this was happening, I entered a very full chapel. At best we have about 10 people, on a normal day. This was much more crowded.
I go to some of my friends and ask what's up and they told me that the man was a bishop.
I was stunned.
I figured I had better say my prayers, because who knows what is about to go on.
It ended up that Bishop Joseph Brennan presided over the Mass and that our 2 priests were at the back of the Chapel.
It was quite the event. He made us sing, something we never do. Minus us not knowing all the words, it was fun.
He kept to time, also. Which this person who is on her lunch break appreciated greatly.
Those red robes definitely reminded me of Monty Python, though. :-)

I think my Sister has gone off the deep end, Monty Python??
ReplyDeleteWell...yeah. :-)
ReplyDelete