Thursday, April 6, 2017

Change Of Seasons - John Oates

I just finished reading John Oates biography, Change of Seasons.

It came out to just under 400 pages, so it took me days to read it.

First off, I really enjoyed the book.

He begins by telling about the fact that he was born in New York City and that his Mother is Italian. Wow, I never knew that about him and his early childhood reminds me so much of my own and my Mother's, so there is a real connection between us. Italian's...we are what we are.

He also says that this book is not about Daryl Hall. There are references to him and a few quotes, but otherwise, John leave the telling of that half of the Hall and Oates story, to his partner. He hopes that one day, Daryl will get it down in a book...but somehow, I think that his Internet show, Live from Daryl's House is going to be the final word on what Daryl's life was like.

I really don't want to spoil too much, in case you are thinking of buying the book.

There are many photos (black and white only) that are interesting.

There are many activities that John has participated in over the years, including car racing, flying, skiing and being a gentleman farmer. All are interesting to learn about.

Of course, there are also mentions of most of their albums up until they took time off, at the end of the 80's.

I know quite a bit about how some of their biggest songs came about, but there is more to it, than what is known and I enjoyed that, too.

I hope that if you are on the fence, I have pushed you off.

You will not regret the purchase...and oh, there is music, too.

2 comments:

  1. I am interested but I do not have anything to get the music to enjoy. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete