I decided to take the Iconography Workshop again this year.
Most of the people in the class are the same ones from last year and we are all working on Christ Pantocrator.
I am finished with Day 3 of Icon writing. This photo was taken about half way through the day.
Being that I am considered an experienced Iconographer, I was offered a new way to apply the Roskrish to the face and hair.
Instead of a single green color being applied to those areas of the board, we were instructed to lay down a green color and then (after it dried) add a yellow/brown color. The entire area became a combined camouflage color and it really "pops" compared to what it normally does.
I was impressed and glad I decided to try it.
As if this was not enough for me to do, I am trying to do some work on my Edith Stein Icon, so both ended up the day with their lines redrawn.
What the heck, it can't hurt.

The colors are Terra Verda and Deep Ochre, btw
ReplyDeleteSee if I had read your Blog before Facebook I would have understood why you did what you did, sorry.
ReplyDeleteYay, you came here. The Roskrish is just a base coat. Many layers of paint will come, before this Icon is finished.
ReplyDelete