Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Huell Howser Kickstarter Campaign

2 weeks ago we began a Kickstarter campaign to raise some money, to help offset the costs we have of preserving Huell Howser episodes.

We have been ingesting many of his very ancient shows, over the past 6 months and airing them.

Ratings have been high and viewers are loving them...but as the years pass, more tapes are found to not have captions, or we need to go back to older versions of shows and fix them up. As a nice gesture, I have been giving a new air copy to Chapman, so that they do not come up against this problem again, at least in regard to the current show I am working on.

It is part of my job and we do absorb those costs, but it would be nice to have a budget to cover some of them.

That's where the Kickstarter Campaign comes in.

So far, in two weeks we have raised almost $10,000 toward a $25,000 goal. The campaign has 2 weeks to go.

On Tuesday, Luis Fuerte, Huell's cameraman, came by the station to sign a few books and he got shown the campaign.

I got a photo of the creator of the campaign, Luis and the head of fundraising, checking it out.

It was good to see them. Oh and yes, I used a tiny bit of my degree from Oswego, to give advice to the campaign manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment