Thursday, August 16, 2018

The End Of The KCET Mural On The Fifth Floor

It was my 38th work anniversary yesterday and I was in a good mood, as I went about my work business.

As I took a short cut over to Ingest, I came upon the KCET mural.

It faces Alameda and so if the lighting is good, you can see it from street level.

I loved it so much, that I took selfies of myself and posed friends and family (my cousin is in this photo) there.

Well, it is being removed, as of yesterday.

The new owners of the 5th floor are The Switch and they run our ingest area, stages and edit bays.

Rumor has it that the final employees who call the 5th floor home, will be moving down to the 4th in September. Sharing space with Outlook Amusements.

To say the least, we who have to do business with the 5th floor, are not happy about this and the mural's removal is just the first step.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I would say that KCET will now be only a memory. All the years the good times & the bad times will no longer exist, so sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Langoliers are here!

    ReplyDelete