For the past month we have not have access to our printer.
It actually lasted an entire 3 weeks (after my Son left town), to stop working "wireless router" wise.
Something happened overnight on a Thursday. I have no idea what.
All I do know is we lost communication to our printer and to our sprinkler system.
For the moment, at least, we are getting by on the Sprinkler. It is just a minor annoyance.
But come Fall, sprinklers going on full blast for a long time (for high summer), is just not going to work.
So I keep working on that.
In regard to the printer, I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall the driver.
The computer was just not seeing it as a piece of hardware, so that I could reinstall the driver.
We tried many things, with no luck.
Finally, this weekend, I came up with an idea. Why not see if I can hard wire it, even though it is a wireless printer.
A bit of research later and I found out lots of people have the same problem and many of them gave up coming through the wireless router and instead connected the printer directly.
We looked up the correct USB cord for our printer and last night I plugged it in.
Amazingly, it was super easy and we now have our printer back.

You can thank me tomorrow when we talk. If you want, I'll talk you through printer sharing for your laptops and tablets too. :)
ReplyDelete-G