I have been watching the three social media boards I frequent, to see how they are handling things since the Election.
At this point, I have absolutely no trust in Facebook, my favorite board to check every morning.
Mark Zuckerberg has created and made something that was fun, and interesting, into one big commercial enterprise.
I get more ads on it, then posts by friends (the reason I am there in the first place).
If I change over from the newsfeed, I get constant (interesting) posts that seem to be AI generated.
Interstate roads in America, in particular, turn up all the time. Many of the comments mention how "off" the information is, which is why I lean toward idiots or computer AI writing them.
I do admit that I tend to check out the videos on that feed, where I see countless stuff like "Morning with the quadruplets".
I just shake my head watching how other mothers cope, I guess.
There are also many camper van videos, whose people live with these extravagant vehicles, and then boondock in Walmart's parking lot, to save money.
Interesting to see how the other half lives, but seriously, their places have all sorts of high end amenities.
Onward to board number 2. Twitter/X
I still frequent this board, but I never post there anymore. I just don't trust Elon Musk.
The ads on the board are awful, and they do autoplay, so you have to scroll past to get them to stop.
If I didn't have certain people there, I would be gone. This is probably going to change in the next few months.
Board number 3 is Bluesky. It is my newest baby, and that is where I post things.
Unfortunately, it also has the least people, so it is not as robust as the others, in relation to information dumps.
I have hope for it, moving forward.
I also have Linkedin, which I never use. Retired people really don't need it.
I had an Ello account, back in 2014. I never used it, and found out today, that it closed down, without notice, earlier this year.
Places I will not ever open an account at: Threads (Zuckerberg), Instagram (Zuckerberg again), Truth Social (Oh please), Tick Tock (China, just no).

No comments:
Post a Comment