Sunday, April 26, 2009

Man's Best Friend



I have mentioned this "beast" before.

When we visited my friend Cindy's house, we were greeted by her wonderful dog, Bailey. This time, Bailey had a new toy to play with. An Easter Chick with a squeaker inside it. The entire time we were there, it sounded like the dog had caught a live animal. Of course that is probably what Bailey thought, too.

Each time I visit, I am more in love with that dog... :-)

7 comments:

  1. What a cutie! And the ducky ain't bad either! Unfortunately, ducky doesn't quack anymore. And most of her feet are gone. I think another visit to Petco is in my near future.

    She certainly loved your visit. Anytime people come over who don't mind an intrusive sniff, she's in heaven!

    You're always welcome in our home, Angel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNEW ducky wasn't going to make it for too long. She was really into squeezing it to death. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Beast!!

    My lab Gracie recently got a duck that quacked, was at first shocked that it quacked, then quacked it and quacked it and quacked it until after a while it sort of whimpered, and then it didn't make any noise at all. It's had a couple of surgeries and is otherwise intact, but still mute. Bummer.

    And Cindy: try garage sales and secondhand stores -- much cheaper and about the same quality toys, although used (which sometimes has the advantage of interesting things for your beastie to sniff!). The current "must have" toy at our house is the BeanieBaby lemur that my middle stepdaughter brought home. The dogs don't fight over it, but once one of them has it, you know it's going to be a while before anyone else gets a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. but I am the true beast "flexes" :-p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sniff..sniff...Ducky 'sploded sometime during the night. I'm still picking up pieces of fuzz and fur off the furniture and carpet! It was very, very sad. Bailey's already moved on and taken up again with Hotdog (a squeaky daschund in a hotdog bun).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone needs to knock down a Marine, me thinks... :-)

    Oh Cindy, sorry about the explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It happens, tragic as it may be. Our most recent casualty was a buzzard that turned out to be filled with plastic pellets. The Rottie, Kizmet, essentially chewed the buzzard's butt off, then grabbed it by the head and walked around the living room with it. Much vacuuming ensued.

    ReplyDelete