Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sunset In Hollywood



As I drove to work on Saturday, I decided to park the car and take a few pictures of the Hollywood area. I am so rarely over that way and there is so much of interest. This happens to be Sunset Blvd. right by the Hollywood Freeway. Right there on the left is the former Golden West Broadcasters Building, where Gene Autry had his headquarters.

Further down Sunset, you can see the CNN tower and another tall building which is right by Sunset and Vine.
As a matter of fact, I used to bank at the tower at Sunset and Vine. That was in the days before Direct Deposit and of course, in the days when I drove to work every day. :-)




I walked to different things and took some pictures, like the one on the top. When I decided to go back to my car, I turned around, there was the Hollywood sign. I live and work in LA and yet it still gives me a thrill when I actually SEE the sign.

It amazes me that people live and work and go about normal lives amidst all that is the Dream of Hollywood.

2 comments: