Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Work "Friend" 1 Year Later


This is Alphie, who I mentioned once before, at the time my work partner bought him last year. He has become our department mascot and when he doesn't eat, or his water gets dirty and we are all too busy to deal with it, he becomes the main topic of conversation.
Should we dump some of the water and just keep vamping for a few days, until we have time to do the "Big clean"? Is his food getting stale? Should we buy some new stuff, or try something different?
Yes, these are our daily questions, as we continue to be busy with the logs we are compiling and the never ending problems from the Digital Transition. He, of course is totally oblivious to it all, sleeping most of the day, swimming the remainder and of course, occasionally eating some dried worms.
My work partner said that he should only live for about another year, but I was reading up on the subject today and with care, they could live 5 or so years. I hope that turns out to be the case, because he is truly our partner and friend. Especially on weekends, when I am there at work, all alone.

Thanks Alphie, for making my life just a little more sane.


=============
Photo:

Alphie is the fish
in the middle of the photo.
The others are his reflection
off the back and sides
of his fish bowl.
To make him turn his color
of red, I had to do major
color changing on the image.
The plant,shown in yellow,
is actually green...but
I really liked
the effect.

3 comments:

  1. I like your fishie, Angel! Alfie could be around for a very long time; we have a silver dollar who's partner is dead lo, these many years, who just keeps on swimmin'. "Average lifespan" is just that -- population statistics don't apply to individuals.

    Long live Alfie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My real work friend (who actually owns the fish) said "Too bad Alphie can't read and write".

    Thanks for the good karma. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may be a good thing that Alphie can't read and write -- what might he have to tell about the goings-on in the office that one might not wish publicized??? :-)

    ReplyDelete