Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Needy Child Gets His Orders



I would like to start this post by saying that I love this child so much!


My "Other" Son #1 finished his schooling last week.

On Tuesday, he got his orders. He will be coming to Camp Pendleton in San Diego County.

Yay we all think.

He is coming back to us, only a 2 hour drive away.
He can even get his car and drive it down to the base, so he has transportation, while stationed there. Great!!!!!

Then he drops the bomb...he hopes he will be assigned to the deployment that is going out next month. Deployed means more pay and trust me, there is never enough money for my "Other" son. Of course there is never enough money for my real son, either...but that's another story. lol

Have any of you seen what is going on in Afghanistan, with the Marines? I was watching some of the news on Sunday and I was not happy to see how dangerous some of the things that the Marine Battalions have to deal with, are.

You can read some of it, here.

Well, guess what?

That boatload of heartache, that I referenced to in my second post about my "Other" son and his enlisting, may now be arriving in the Angel House.

I may have one of my "sons" in harms way...like next month.

ACK!

8 comments:

  1. So, Im now going to be in a station at MCAS(marine corps air station) Camp Pendleton and...not detatment. Meaning no deployments...FUUUUUUUU---oh well i guess there is college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it... :-)


    Oh, so sorry Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. must say that even if i don't know your other child, Angel... i was glad to hit the comments button and then see he will NOT be going overseas.

    THERE IS COLLEGE.
    you betcha there is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina: That was the first I heard that he wasn't going off to Afghanistan right away. I am definitely relieved, for the moment.

    The older ones sit around and say how much more pay the get if they deployed and I am like, Hello? Money isn't everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um hello?!?! Its plenty of money. 10grand!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so you have put a price on your body, you mental health and your future and it's only $10 grand?

    HELLO!!!!!!

    You are selling yourself way short there bud. Think again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thank my Dad for leaving money, when he died...but I would give it all back in a heartbeat, to have him back with me. Money does not replace people you love. It just helps an awful situation become a little less so.


    At some point you will probably be assigned to deployment...you are our front line defense and eventually the cards will fall that way. I am actually good with that.

    You chose to join and yes, I am proud of you. But do NOT listen to them telling you the lies. Go in knowing that this is what is required of you and you will honor that commitment, but do NOT go running to the front of the line because they offer a pittance. You are worth so much more then that.

    I hope that helps and yes Austin, I love you and I will grieve so much, if you are lost to us. Always remember that.

    Je me souviens (I remember)

    ReplyDelete