Sunday, September 8, 2013

St. Mary Of The Assumption Church

I haven't stepped foot in this Church in over 36 years.

It is St. Mary of the Assumption Catholic Church over on W. 7th Street, which is probably the highest point in the City of Oswego. It is a beautiful old Gothic style Church and a pleasure to walk through.

They ring their bells on the hour and after Mass is over, which my Husband noticed right off the bat.

It is a proud tall Church, but as with so many small town Church's, it held maybe 100 people for Mass on Sunday.

My home Church, St. Kateri, can hold, 1,200 parishioners, as in, standing room only.

It was good to return to Church. I had basically taken the summer off, to get myself ready to move to Oswego, so it had been a while.

This Church has no air conditioning and so I made sure I positioned myself by one of the fans. The music, which I generally know quite well (being I do audio for my home Church), was different. I got into the swing of things, eventually and enjoyed my time there.

On my walk back home...a trip of 4 blocks, I went a different route and ended up staying out so long, looking at the sites, that I got a tiny bit of sunburn on my neck.

It was a worth it, Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment