My son is home and my house is back to almost normal.
His team ended up last, this year. I am heartbroken, since I know how much work went into these past few weeks, but that is life.
The team worked very hard and got the car out of the garage and into the outside (for 1 hour). That was not enough time to get tested in stage 2 and so they ended up not driving their car this year. Actually only 4 cars out of 16 made it onto the track. It was a tough year.
I thought I would highlight a few photos that I found in the Flickr stream of the competition.
There is the team photo taken at the Yuma Proving Grounds, up at the top. The second photo is the San Diego Hornblower dinner cruise, (if you remember right, we have mentioned that the last time my son took this cruise, he piloted the boat). :-)
Finally photo 3 is of my son and Frank (the man on the right) working on the Camaro. I have no idea who the man on the far left is.
My son mentioned at dinner that the competition costs GM almost 1 billion dollars to make happen. That is quite a huge, 1st rate competition and my son is learning a ton of things. I hope that translates to a job eventually.
Let's hope year 3 is your year, CSULA.



No comments:
Post a Comment