I mentioned my newest rose, Ketchup & Mustard (2012) before. Last week, as a matter of fact.
I love that the rose is a florabunda and so it will have lots of roses, throughout the growing season. My roses are mostly hybrid tea roses, so I get a few at a time. This one is just full of roses.
I also love the fact that I chose it to honor both my Husband and I and the life we share together.
Ketchup is for me, the Italian girl from NY, who can cook with tomatoes and make sauce with no effort at all.
Mustard is for my Jewish husband from Chicago. Back in the day, his family owned a deli in Chicago and his Mom was known for her potato salad.
Yes, this rose seems to make a perfect blend of who we are, here in the angel house.
Do you want to see the rose's parents?
Here is:
City of San Francisco Rose (2003)
I think the combination is striking and thanks to both their parents, for making it, so I can have it grow in my garden.

They are beautiful Roses, & you are right, they are perfect for the angel house I hope they will be around for many years.
ReplyDelete