Thursday, May 12, 2016

Swingin' Door Texas BBQ

My brother-in-law is currently recovering from an illness and so I am traveling down to the San Fernando Valley, quite often.

His girlfriend and I were on our way to see him on Wednesday and we were both hungry.

Just as I mentioned that maybe we should get a bite to eat, before getting to him, we went to make a left turn onto Vanowen from Vineland.

There off to the left, was this hole in the wall BBQ place that I had JUST read about in Westways (Auto Club) magazine. It is called Swingin' Door Texas BBQ.

It shares a parking lot with a Shell gas station and so when I mentioned the place, my partner in crime said "let's go there, can you do it?"

I snuck across the gas station and yes, we got a parking space and went inside.

It wasn't very crowded, but there were people there and orders were going out, too. So all in all, the place was hopping.

The food, excellent and there was plenty of it.

We got brisket, chicken and sausages and all were good, though the chicken was just a bit dry. They gave plenty of BBQ sauce, so that helped.

We will return.

2 comments:

  1. I think you found a very nice place to go for a little
    "Swingin' Door Texas BBQ", the food looks good, so why not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately for me, Carl's Jr last night. We can't eat like royalty every night. :-)

    ReplyDelete