Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Ducklings Have Arrived!

After all my complaining yesterday, I thought I would acknowledge the fact that the mama duck had hatched her eggs on Sunday.

It looks like she has between 9 and 10 baby ducklings in her brood...though the woman I was talking to seemed to think there may be 2 mamas and they share baby duty. I don't spend enough time there, to figure these things out.

What I did learn is that the ducks with the green plumage are the males (what a surprise) and the females are the ones that are shades of brown.

No matter what, cuteness abounds by the pond.

2 comments:

  1. I am very Happy the Ducklings have arrived. What can I say you can spend more time with them once you retirer, which I know won't be for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boss on vacation and so I am not seeing them. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete