Sunday, May 1, 2016

On The Road To Camp Westdale

May 1st has arrived.

The school year is starting to wind down for another year. Mostly college kids, but the younger ones will be following shortly.

The end of the school year reminds me of that famous summer activity...summer camp.

Every time I drive Upstate New York, as I pass the exit for Kingston, I think of the years I attended Westdale Camp.

The camp is long gone, but the roads linger on.

We would take the NY28 and then NY42 and turn right here.

What a wonderful highway turn-off. I have never seen the area at Christmas, but it would be great if they decorated this majestic spruce tree with holiday decorations.

Just a few short miles up this road and we would get to our camp, which encompassed 2 mountains, one on the left side of the road and one on the right side.

I have mentioned the camp before and you can refresh you memory HERE.

If you wondered, these are photo captures from Google Maps. What a wonderful day it must have been, with the sun and clouds.

They make it look like I did visit it. :-)

1 comment:

  1. See under 'Here' for my comments, it was great fun!!

    ReplyDelete