Friday, November 2, 2007

Did All The Unit Fans Screaming Cause An Earthquake On Wednesday?


No, I am sure they didn't, but if someone was measuring such things, I am sure there were shock waves at 9:56, 10:56, 11:56 and 12:56, from Unit Fans all screaming at the same time. Yes, David Mamet does it again. He gives us a basically forgettable episode about 3 of our guys guarding a Rock Star (an American Idol loser, no less) while she sings for the troops. A side mission for Bob, is him guarding a prisoner, who is being returned to his country for execution. His Justice Department partner for this Operation is Fighter Randy Couture, who also plays a part in the Mamet movie I was an extra in, Redbelt. Meanwhile, the wives on the home front are trying to hook up Hector (the fifth member of the team), with a friend of Tiffy's, who happens to work in the "Gentlemen's Club" that Tiffy just got a job at. Oh, did I forget to mention that Tiffy lost her job at the school and had to take a waitressing job at a bar with pole dancing? Sigh...
So, the plots move on, as one would expect and the final scene of the show finds our intrepid hero, Hector, trying to get his groove on with the waitress from the bar. They are at a hotel room for this scene (don't ask me, I just report this stuff). He goes to leave the hotel and turns to see his Commander, Colonel Tom Ryan, standing outside another room. Well what do you know, guess who joins him out on the walkway? Good old Tiffy, Mack's separated wife, who swears she wants to work out the marital trouble and get back together with her husband. Well standing there in fuchsia bra and other clothes I can't remember, I don't think that is on her agenda at the moment. Of course Hector sees them and yes, Tom and Tiffy both see Hector. Tom KNOWS he is in serious trouble here, because Hector is not going to stay quiet about this. Where this plot goes is anyone's guess and yes, I am one of many making guesses. Shawn Ryan has already told us in interviews that someone from The Unit is going to die this season. We also know that it is going to happen during November "Sweeps Month", that began yesterday. Killing aside, here goes my rant about The Colonel. He was blackmailed by this bitch last season. She has given one of his men, who he just fought to save from charges brought against them by our Government, nothing but trouble. The troubles are starting to effect the missions he is sent on, which effects The Colonel and the men he sends out. He fights beside this guy on missions, he supports the guy in troubled times and he keeps screwing his wife? None of this makes sense. She does not deserve the man she is married to and I have lost all respect for her. Tiffy steps out with the Colonel in Season 1, almost steps out in Season 2 with Wilson the lawyer, steps out again with the Colonel in Season 3. We seeing a trend here...sigh

To be continued...

2 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't know enough yet to scream, but thanks for the backstory fill-in, Angel. I'm sure it will all become much more clear as I go along.

    I thought it perhaps a little odd that two of the storylines had to do with "babysitting"—the diva pop star and the being-extradicted prisoner (who I assumed was a terrorist?). I strongly suspected there was more to that "bra scene" than met the eye. (Although—please pardon the blatant sexism—what met the eye wasn't bad! LOL!)

    I didn't catch the real name of the pop star in the opening credits, nor did I recognize her as an AI castoff since I'm proud to say I've never voluntarily watched AI (though I've been "forced" to endure it in others' homes on occasion). Having seen her performance in The Unit, to now learn that the singer was an AI reject does not surprise me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dim Skip!

    You watched!!!!!

    As I said, a forgettable episode that just shot us into the stratosphere, in regard to something terrible going on in the very near future. We definitely KNOW that Charlie (Michael Irby) the short guy, who they gave the pop diva's dog to, will get shot next episode. Gonna be a tough couple of weeks, cause the following week is an episode called Play 16 (Here Lies). Who goes into the ground, is anybodies guess. Yikes!

    I hear through the grapevine that the Robert Patrick fans were up in arms about that scene and trust me, the Max Martini fans weren't far behind them. I believe the words "Skanky Ho" comes up often in conversation. :-)

    Tiffy looked very nice and after one of the guys on my Martini board gave her a dis on her pole dance looks the week before, I was actually glad to see that. She is beautiful and deserved (as a person and an actress) to look nice in that scene. A good interview with the actress who plays Tiffy, is over on Theunithq.com. A friend of mine is the owner of that site and she has interviewed several of the stars of the show, over the past 2 years, Abby Bramwell being her most recent. You might want to check it out, it's accessible to all, I believe.

    ReplyDelete