Monday, November 5, 2007

Yep! We got Muddy, All Right


My husband was getting out of work, when the call came through that the kids were home and ready to be picked up. When I realized I was off wait for phone call duty, I ran to get my hair cut. When I returned home there were muddy clothes all over my front walkway. The sun was already going down and I realized I HAD to drop everything and get those clothes washed out immediately. Hubby thought I was mad at him, cause I slammed the door on my way out (I had windows open, to keep the house cool and the air pressure difference, made the door slam) So there I am immediately drilling those clothes with the full stream of water, opening every pocket on his BDU's and flooding them with water. It took almost a half hour to get all that out. At least I watered the front lawn, as I did it. There was even mud inside the holes in the buttons! It just amazed me.

So anyway, they washed out just fine and look great now, who KNEW! I think it's the fact that these are BDU's and made to be in really awful places and come out looking good, cause they don't take the dirt on, like his cotton clothes do. So I threw out the undies and socks, figuring I have plenty of them and who wants to wear brown socks.
I ended up soaking wet and my shoes are almost as wet as his boots, so I guess they get to dry together outside. Where was this in my Mom job description again... :-)

Photo Credit:
Again, not done by
my son, but by another
memeber.

No comments:

Post a Comment