
Final plans are being made for our trip to Las Vegas this weekend. It looks as if the angel family is getting their act together and will all be attending the event. I did final sign up for the members of my family and for the friend of my son, who is like a son to me. He is learning to drive right now and I sort of promised he could take the wheel at some point in the drive. Heaven help us all. :-)
We have plans for 4 of our original CAN Walk team to meet in Vegas on Saturday morning. Our team leader, Roo can't make it at this time and neither can Gidget, but the rest of us will be there. Mama, Cindy, Angel and Boo with another Max board member, Deja, will all be there with assorted spouses and in my case, 2 teenage boys. Will Max make an appearance? We seriously doubt it, but hope springs eternal and we are praying that a miracle happens and he shows. No matter what, we intend to have a nice time and raise money for Autism research.
If you haven't noticed my walk page on the right side of this blog, here is a direct link to it. It will take credit cards, or if you wish to do things with either cash or a check, there is a donation form to print out, right on the page, with the address to send the donation to noted. Make sure the donation form credits Angelle Lemarche and it will be added to my page, by the people I am walking for. Any amount is welcome, $5 or $10, or more if you feel like it. I have raised $130 so far and would like to make my goal of $200, if possible. They will continue to tally for at least 30 days after the walk, so it's not too late to help. Thanks in advance to any who do.
Obviously an after action report will make an appearance, with pictures shortly after the weekend...and if a cute red headed actor shows up, even better. No matter what, send good juju our way. Rain is in the forecast for the drive across the desert and in that case, guess who is NOT driving? :-)
I will probably have to make an ice cream stop somewhere along the way, to appease the disappointed fridge raider. I guess there are worse things in life, then that. lol
Edited to add:
I have 2 checks that will be coming with us to the walk.
That brings my total up to $190.
Edited to add some more:
Eireann brings me over the top!!!!!!!!!
$5 handed to me, as I ran out the door today at work. :-)
Grand total to date: $205
You are all awesome!!!!
well, make sure you wear your steely dan t-shirt too?
ReplyDeleteand did i hear someone say ice cream.....!
drive safely and have a good walk and weekend
I wish I could be their. I will be praying for a miracle---hopefully he will show up.
ReplyDeleteGet some great pic's of everyone.
Love,
Robin
Thanks Robin! Got my camera. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh and Gina, I had already packed 2 Steely Dan tee shirts and I am weraring the third today. They are well represented this weekend.