Friday, November 9, 2007

Give Me A Reason To Walk The Fire


The biggest change this year on The Unit is that they got rid of the opening music to the show, a modified Marine Jody called "Fired Up". If you have ever heard a jody, they are songs made to help the troops walk to cadence. If you have ever seen troops marching, someone is usually calling a Jody. It's a great honor to get to call one and the troops spend lots of time outdoing each other on lyrics. My son and his friends will break into song, when we travel to Army Navy Surplus Stores and I always find myself laughing the whole time. But I digress... :-)

Due to the fact that this season started with the men under investigation for crimes committed while operating as "The Unit" I think the producers wanted something a little less Military. Going along with the feel that sometimes the Government is not always good. So Robert Duncan wrote a new song called "Walk the Fire" and they put different pictures to the open. In my opinion, it's a great open, but it has caused no end of controversary within the Unit Fan's community and even gets mentioned in this weeks TV Guide.

Lyrics go like this.
Give me your secrets, bring me a sign. Give me a reason to walk the fire.

For me, on a personal level, I miss last years closing music, that was run over credits. Such is life...

========
Photo Credit:
TV Guide Photo with
words removed by Chris.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I learn all sorts of things hanging out around here...

    * That The Unit theme is new to this year (I like it, but as a recent newbie I have nothing to compare it to).

    * That those military cadence calls are "jodys" (plural "Jodies?").

    * Why birds often sit around together passing gossip about Big Bird. (I always assumed they were sizing up vehicles to determine the best targets!)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if this strike goes on for any length of time, that old theme will probably make a come back real soon. :-)

    Their favorite Jody is "Blood on the Risers"
    Here's a peek at the chorus...It gets much worse, as one would expect.

    Gory, Gory, What a hell of a way to die
    Gory, Gory, What a hell of a way to die
    Gory, Gory, What a hell of a way to die

    He ain’t gonna jump no more.

    ReplyDelete