
It's time again for the Muddy Buddy Race. Sounds like a fun time and from what the kids have told me, it is. Our Corps works the different booths and events for the Muddy Buddy Race and the most
coveted position is working the Mud Pit, helping the contestants get through it safely.

The Corp usually delegates the Seniors as Mud Pit security and this year, it's my son's turn in the pit. So he brought 2 sets of clothes, one to wear before and one to wear after. 2 years ago he somehow was allowed into the pit and I spent hours washing mud off his BDU uniform, even before putting it into the wash. I still think there is mud in his combat boots. lol
I assume that is the same thing I will have to deal with in a few hours, when he gets home. For now, it's 3AM and I have dropped them off for the bus ride over to the event and can't sleep. I was up every hour, during the night, worried I would miss the alarm. I didn't, thankfully. We had one last minute house guest, so I quickly made up a bed for him. Our magician friend, who needed a ride in the morning. It's always easier to gather them all together, when they spend the night here. I know my historian son will have pictures of the event and hopefully he will give me one or two of them to post here.
======
Updated to add that I got a hold of the
camera for a few minutes and uploaded
some pictures.
Photo Credit.
Since my son is in the pit, this was
not done by my son, but by another
member of his Corps.
No comments:
Post a Comment