Back in the mid to late 70's, there was a series that aired on Masterpiece Theatre called Poldark. I came in during the 2nd series, but I was hooked. Watching the show on Thursday night, alone, in the back TV room. A tiny black and white TV and a less then wonderful signal on station WLIW, Garden City, New York. :-)
Just weeks before I left New York for good, WNET, as part of their March Pledge Drive offered a book as the premium for supporting the station. It was called "Making Poldark" and as soon as I saw it, I wanted it. I think they wanted a $25 pledge for it. My sister told me I was crazy and stupidly, I agreed with her. Thus, all these years later, I have never read the little book...though I see it is on Amazon.com for almost that same price. :-)
Don't ask me how I found him, but about a year ago, I "Liked" Robin Ellis on Facebook. I have gotten much joy from his posts on life in France, his trips to the US and the upcoming US release of his cookbook, Delicious Dishes for Diabetics.
Many days he will post a recipe from the book, or just discuss something he made for his wife and him. It is always of interest and sometimes, he will even answer questions, if you comment on his post.
Wow, 2 way communication with a famous actor. :-)
If you are interested, check out his website HERE...or like him yourself, on Facebook.
If I do buy the book, I will review it in another post in late November.
I have two questions, why would I even make a comment like that, and most of all why would you listen to me!!!! If you wanted the book you should have gotten it, after all you are the older sister I'm not? Just interested :-)
ReplyDeleteHey, we were young, we were broke and we didn't have that "Support Public TV" thing hard wired into our brains back then. :-)
ReplyDeleteLove you anyway.