Thursday, December 20, 2007

Angels On The Christmas Tree


As I have blogged about before, the name "angel" came into being, for me at least, from the lyrics of Steely Dan songs. Since I have had that name associated with the person who is me, angel ornaments began coming to me, from friends in real life and from Internet friends. Not like I didn't have angels on my tree, but I now have many MORE angels on my Christmas tree. So today, just a quick look at two of them. The first one was made for me by my Hubby's friend's wife. We were there for a Thanksgiving holiday shortly after the whole Internet thing began and when I mentioned that I post as "angel" she immediately got up and grabbed some stuff and made me this angel, right there in front of me. What creativity! I was so in awe of her talent. I treasure it even more, because it was made, just for me.

This second picture is of an angel that my friend from Detroit sent me one year. It was not an expensive gift, but she wanted to send her friend "angel" an ornament that represented her handle, and so she did. I think of her each year, when I place it on my Christmas tree.

This is the season for miracles and the friendships I have formed over these past seven years, are my true miracles of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment