
Yes, he ruins my pictures, with the greatest of ease, but for the most part, I forgive him. He's my son and I love him more then life itself. What amazed me so much about this past weekend was how little the two boys competed for our attention. My son, for the most part did not show signs of being jealous of his friend getting some of our time. He is so confident in our love of him that he just shared and that was a small miracle, in the midst of many.
He is so incredibly bright that you forget that so many are not as totally tuned into how things work and how to build stuff. It just oozes out of our son, with absolutely no effort at all.
Every time we saw planes around McCarren Airport, he would describe what they were doing to compensate for the high winds we were experiencing, so we learned a lot about "crabbing the wind" "stalling the plane" and even how to make the plane turn and drop altitude in a hurry.
We passed the trains at Barstow Station and he describes how this town is a major transfer point for freight and rail travel itself. Who would notice this? My son does.

At Hoover Dam, it is not the Dam that is his favorite part, but the routing of the water around the dam itself, that enthralls him. I bet 99 percent of the visitors didn't even know that exists. He brought his friend to that corner of the complex, explains its purpose and quietly goes to him "This is my favorite part of the Dam". After I heard that, I remembered how last April, when we visited the area, he walked all the way back there to look. A solitary figure, looking down at this tunnel, remembering its purpose, from a trip almost 8 or 9 years earlier. Now I understand that moment.
He is incredible, he makes me so proud...now, if only he would stand still for a picture. :-)
He's a good kid and I'm really impressed with him.
ReplyDeleteI thank you. :-)
ReplyDeletehaha, this is a very nice pic.
ReplyDeleteYeah, we liked it too. My son laughed when I showed him that I used it on a post of him. We had fun taking them. :-)
ReplyDelete