Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blessed Kateri A New View...And An Old One



A view of the new Church doors.

I love the dramatic look of the clouds in the windows and the tree of life on the wooden door.

It's a wonderful entry to the new Church space and so far I have not managed to showcase it.

This is the entrance that opens onto our plaza.

Our Church organizations have booths after masses and our breakfasts are over in the hall, our old Church building.




This statue is our first one, donated by the children of our Church.

Blessed Kateri has graced our old entryway, since we built our original Church almost 11 years ago.

This shot was on Easter Sunday and so she was decorated with an Easter Lily.

She is known as the Lily of the Mohawks, so it is so appropriate for her to have one.

4 comments:

  1. How lovely!

    She is a local saint here in my part of upstate NY. Or should I say, a local blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know that. Why they named a parish out here in the West after The Lily of the Mohawks, I don't know...but I have grown to love her.

    Quite often we pray for Sainthood for Blessed Kateri.

    O God, who among the many marvels of your grace in the New World did cause to blossom on the banks of the Mohawk and the St. Lawrence the pure and tender lily, Kateri Tekakwitha grant, we beseech you, the favor we beg through her intercession, that this young lover of Jesus will soon be counted among her Saints by Holy Mother Church, and that our hearts may be enkindled with a stronger desire to imitate her innocence and faith.

    Through the same Christ Our Lord, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That entry lets you know you are entering into truly sacred space. How absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We rarely go in this entrance and that is a real shame, because it truly is beautiful.
    We go into the Church by the altar end, since that is where the choir and audio set up equipment is. My son makes the LONG trip down to the audio booth, which is by this door. I should make time more often, to see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete