My sister has MS.
It has been a hard thing to deal with and being I am 3,000 miles away, I know it is no where near as bad as it is for her and her husband. There have been many times when I have wished she lived closer to me, so I could help make her life a little easier. Unfortunately, Los Angeles is one of the hottest places in the United States and heat is not a friend to people who have MS. I can't move and she can't move, so we stay apart.
Not to dwell on the bad things, today is to speak of the good things. For the past 3 or so years my sister and her husband, have participated in the MS Walk that takes place at Belmont Lake State Park. I once did a Water Post of that lake, if my readers remember.
She intends to "scooter" around the lake on May 2nd with her team, The Sunflowers.
The money raised, goes to her local chapter, so if you feel like supporting her and her team, please do so.
What I like about their website is you can opt out of getting notifications during the year. Some other fundraising webpages don't give you that option.
She just added her page on the main Sunflower page, so if you want to donate directly to her, her name is Martha.
We both thank you.
sending good thoughts across the big pond for you and your sister, Angel.
ReplyDeletehere's a recipe for tempura of black pudding you might like to try the next time the both of you are together, that is, if you enjoy eating blood :-)
we do occassionally and traditionally, it's fried in a pan in butter with onions and apple. but the tempura style turns it into a much lighter dish :-)
take care!!
Prayers for Martha! It is hard enough to be apart and harder yet with this I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Angel. You have a way of amazing me that will never end... I know that The Sunflowers, Thank you too. And I wish we could be closer too, but if nothing else your Blog gives me the chance to keep up with you & your family, no matter how big it keeps growing... take care :-)
ReplyDeleteMy pleasure, sis. Truly.
ReplyDeleteFran: Thanks for the good vibes. I am sure my sister appreciates it.
Gina: Is that an Indonesian thing that your family brought to Holland with them? Actually, now that I think about it, it looks like a cross between the cultures.
hey angel... no, far from it even!
ReplyDeletetempura is now japanese, but apparently introduced to them by the portugese in the colonial age... and black pudding with apple and/or onions is a dish served here in holland, belgium, england mainly... but i also learned a lot more when googling :-)
tempura is a great way of doing things fast, easy and somewhat healthy too lol.