Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Lilac And Iris: The Garden Contines To Grow



All hail the fact that I didn't have to kill off a Pope!

The first time my lilac tree bloomed, was the day that Pope John Paul II died.

I have had moderate success since, but this year they are not big, but I have a lot of them.

Good to see them, because it's my favorite bush.



Here are some of my iris bulbs.

These are the ones I have on the side of my house. I have younger ones that I planted in January. I am hopeful to have some of them bloom in a month or so.

I love iris bulbs.

By the way, my daffodils are still going strong, out in the front of the house.

It's been a good year for bulbs and things.

3 comments:

  1. I still say one of the reasons my husband and I bought our house was because there were Lilac bushes on the sides. I am so glad you don't have to kill the pope to keep the Lilacs, more power to you Angel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!! I adore lilacs and irises, and yours look lovely. I agree with Martha -- I wouldn't move into a house that didn't have lilac bushes around somewhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's taken forever, but I think that bush is finally with the program. :-)

    I just wish I was home during daylight hours. Darn!

    ReplyDelete