Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Wonder If There Really Is A Worm In The Bottom Of The Bottle



Somehow or other, (see my "Other" son for details) a bottle of the Cuervo Gold ended up at my house a few weeks ago.

It's a first for me...I don't really drink at home and just about never is it a mixed drink. Wine or beer with dinner on Sundays is usually the extent of my drinking.

Well, this bottle kept calling to me. It could have been because it was sitting on my counter. I grabbed my camera and posed it with a shot glass. I couldn't resist and then here I am posting the photo because whenever I hear the name Cuervo Gold...I think of the Steely Dan song, Hey Nineteen.

The Cuervo Gold
The fine Colombian
Make tonight a wonderful thing


My sister wanted me to post a link to the song and that reminded me that I have a link posted over on the left side of my blog. It is actually Janie Runaway and Hey Nineteen together (great transition between the two songs, btw). You can go check those links out, or you can click HERE.

5 comments:

  1. God, I hope not. However I do Love the song. I am finally feeling better. So I guess anything is doing well today (Although including the song would have made the whole thing perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me. I have the link to the song over on the left side of my blog.

    Glad you are starting to feel better.

    BTW, anytime I hear or see Aretha Franklin I think of this song, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am too. Although I did go looking thru your different Steel Dan songs, I am glad you do have one added to the blog.
    And yes as far as I am concerned the Song should only mention Aretha not Otis, oh well I guess I am the only one getting OLD!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now I am referenced to a bottle...hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, it's here...because of you. :-)

    Love ya anyway.

    ReplyDelete