Today my husband and I are driving across the desert as this post goes up. I will be presenting a session at around 10:30AM called Transitions In The Workplace. It will be dealing with working smarter, in the face of workplace challenges. I will be presenting another person's powerpoint presentation, due to the fact that he was not able to attend. The infamous, no financial help from his station.
I too have the same challenge and so I am driving on the final day of the Conference, so that I do not spend almost $1,200 of my own money to go.
The reality of this economy is that many people face the problem of trying to keep their job and grow with it, while not being given the financial help to do so. I compromised and will attend on Friday and Saturday. It's the best I can do this year. I hope to keep my expenses in the $400 range. Wish me luck.
Hopefully, things will get better for the next TechCon.
===========
Photo is of an
actual slide from my
presentation. That
is the lobby of my
station, with our 5
channels (2 are pass through)
and our website page.
Pretty cool.
Good wishes to you on your journey.
ReplyDeleteThe workplace... oh man, it is a different place, isn't it?
Lots of luck, Angel. By the way I forgot to mention the MS walk on May 2nd. take care and enjoy the trip on the train.
ReplyDeleteYou'll do a fabulous job, I know it!! I know what you mean about the whole professional development thing. Increasingly, mine has been out of my own pocket, even when it's very specifically related to my specific job. I *have* a job, I *have* a job, I *have* a job...
ReplyDeleteIn great news...The presentation truly rocked! Yes!
ReplyDeleteWe did keep the expenses way down and someone gave me an extra pass, so Hubby and I both attended the poolside party last night. All in all, for under $400, a good thing.
You really did an awesome job - the collaboration worked really well!
ReplyDeleteKevin: You are really so kind. :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so glad it worked out.