Friday, March 9, 2012

Cafe Vita

Last year a very well loved store closed. Uncle Jer's was an institution in the area. The place we at work went to get those last minute "cool" birthday cards, or interesting gifts for us, or others. I know I wasn't the only one who shed a tear when the store closed at the end of May.

The store has been empty these past months and along with so much of the neighborhood, it has been looking just a bit shabby. We have many stores in the area that have closed. The biggest being the Circuit City right across the street from the station. Blockbuster is closing right now, with Everything Must Go signs all over it and even the corner store at Sunset and Fountain is empty. We even lost the used car lot at the corner of Sunset and Hollywood, which has been there the entire time I worked at the station. I am seriously feeling the shabbiness.

Well that came to an end a few weeks ago, when this sign went up. The LA Design Group, a very trendy firm, is working on the interior of the building and soon we will have a coffee shop called Cafe Vita. I get the feeling it will be a cutting edge interior design.

I keep hoping they get it going, before we move out of the area.

I would love to check it out.

Not only for the design, but for the food.

Can you say freebees anyone? I knew you could.

2 comments:

  1. Oh... Uncle Jer's. Sadness. I loved that place. *sigh*

    I'll be interested in hearing about the new place - and hoping that it opens in time for you to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I still miss it so much and it has almost been a year since it is gone.

    ReplyDelete