Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Santa Clarita St. Pat's Review - Dink's New York Deli

Somehow seeing a rainbow (small though it was) above the Mall where we were going to St. Patrick's Day dinner, seemed like an omen of the good kind. We did not have our son with us, so we decided to go to a place called Dink's New York Deli. I get my bagels from them and this is an upscale restaurant that was just opened at the Mall. They had a traditional Irish dinner and 99 cent green beers, so we thought, what the heck.

Well, I learned once again that you get what you pay for. Let's just say that the 99 cent beer did not treat me right and made me very glad that I only drank one of them. :-)

My husband went with the more non-traditional way to eat corned beef...a Reuben sandwich. It was quite excellent, according to him. My corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes and carrots was exactly what you would expect (and the portions were very generous). The service was good and waiter was attentive. The New York furnishings gave me a good "home" feeling...so rare in Santa Clarita.

We were happy to finally go to this one, without just buying a dozen bagels. After seeing the French Toast, maybe we will check the place out for a breakfast next.

2 comments:

  1. Truthfully, the meal looks like my favorite meal!!!!:-) Although no beer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did take a taste and yes, it was yummy!

    ReplyDelete