As almost everyone in LA and I am sure, around the Country know, a rock has just completed a 100 mile journey from a quarry in Riverside, all the way over to LACMA in the Mid Wilshire District. It's route took it all around the Southland and cost upwards of 10 million dollars to move. They had to custom create the transporter it moved on. That was the most interesting part of the whole circus show, at least to me. There was NO way to get it from point A to point B, without the help of an company that created the transporter. Now that the journey is complete, they will be dismantling it. Good job!
I look forward to someday returning to LACMA and seeing the rock in place as "Levitated Mass".
It should be stunning.
==================
Photo:
The rock crawling
through La Mirada.

I think this is very interested, I am only sorry that I won't lose it.:-)
ReplyDeletesee it not lose it. :-(
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteI would assume we will see it on TV, when it gets all set up.
ReplyDeleteYou know that they are getting ready in the gift store to sell pet rocks. A quarry 'blast' from the past.
ReplyDeleteGood to know... :-)
Delete