Two weeks went by real fast and I seriously thought about canceling this week. Since there is a break for Christmas and for New Year's, I didn't think I should do it. So we are really stocked up on produce.
Here is what came in my box this week.
10 Red Apples (3 came in the box and then they had a box filled with extra, so I took 7 more to make an apple pie for Hanukkah.)
4 Granny Smith Apples
3 Black Spanish Radishes
1 head Broccoli
1 incredibly huge Cabbage
1 bunch of Chard
Herb Bouquet (a little bit of a lot of herbs)
Red and Green Lettuce
2 ears of Popcorn
5 Shallots
2 Sweet Potatoes
Winter Squash (which this time is Butternut Squash)
I still have those huge radishes from the last box, so I have watermelon radishes and now black spanish radishes. Don't ask...
The pie was made tonight and being the apples were small, it took all 10 (actually 9 since I threw one out) and then I added 2 more gala apples for the pie.
The sweet potatoes will probably be made for Christmas dinner.
The Butternut Squash, probably for the New Year's dinner.
Not sure what to do with the chard this time.
Granny Smith apples will go in our salad.
Cabbage, will make cold slaw and who knows what else.
Broccoli, no problem there. It will get eaten.
The herbs will get dropped into my cooking over the next few weeks.
Lettuce for salad and the popcorn I will attempt to pop, for a snack, maybe New Year's Eve.
That's it for this box.

No comments:
Post a Comment