We are back from vacation and into a new month. That means...it's produce time, once again.
Here's what came to us this week.
1 Lb of Green Beans
8 Hot Peppers
Red and Green Lettuce
2 Pickling Cucumbers
6 Red Potatoes and 3 Yukon Gold Potatoes
A bunch of Shallots
3 Large Peaches and 3 Large Dapple Dandy Pluots
1 large bunch of Thai Basil
4 small and 1 large Tomato
1 whole small Watermelon
By the way, in order to stop losing the boxes, Vern Peterson decided to buy us all a thermal bag, to take the produce home in. He even made a video, to show us how to pack it, in the least amount of time.
We will see how that works, in practice.
So there will be no more photos with the empty produce box. I am sure you are depressed. :-)
Due to our vacation, we had produce go bad on us and I feel bad about that, but there was only so much I could do in those first 2 weeks of the month. You don't want to cook exotic things, just for your son and so I didn't.

No comments:
Post a Comment