Thursday, September 25, 2008

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers


One of the coolest things about my last office, was the fact that the view out the window, was used in the open to a campy movie from the 50's called Invasion of the Body Snatchers. When I give newcomers a tour of my lot, one of the things I mention, is that fact that the old brick section of my workplace was dressed to look like a hospital, in that movie. Yesterday I was doing some research for another blog I sometimes comment at and in my search for The Lone Ranger shooting sites, like Vasquez Rocks, I found a page dedicated to the open of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
I was like OMG, there it is in black and white and color!!!!!
Check it out.
(Edited to add: The site doesn't allow hyperlinks. You have to copy and paste the link into your browser. I put it down at the bottom of the post, for your convenience.)

It's actually not very accurate, but the person who did the page obviously couldn't get access to my lot and that's why the shots are not quite right. It's pretty interesting that they figured it out at all. I always thought it was our secret.

Here's the webpage:

http://members.fortunecity.com/movielocations/inv4.htm

==========
Photo
Is the
view out my
office
window
back in 2006.

Thankfully,
no pods were
left behind. :-)

3 comments:

  1. hahahaha. Nino and i saw the Donald Sutherland version a while ago and loved the ending when he turns, hm, well, all (p)odd lol!
    cool the older version has been almost taped before a live audience :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, thanks so much for the lovely ending. lol

    ReplyDelete