Monday, November 3, 2008

Buddah Fountain In Chinatown Central Plaza


I have decided that for the immediate future, I will use my Monday post to highlight a waterscape that crosses my path. Obviously, if I don't find any, this may be a short lived idea, but I think I have several weeks worth, at least. If there is something of interest, to link to, I will do so and hope you will explore further.

I would love to know if you find this an interesting idea, or a waste of your time.


On Wednesday, I went to Chinatown to order the Birthday Cake for my son. Right down the street from the bakery I ordered the cake from, is the Chinatown Central Plaza area. It's an open area, that looks the most "Chinatown" like. It's an interesting place to walk around. My destination was The Wonder Bakery, which sells cones of sponge cake for 95 cents. I had had one on a previous trip and felt like a quick stop there, to pick one up. When I turned to leave the bakery, I saw off in a corner, a fountain with a sculpture of flowers and water dripping off them.
It is a peaceful fountain, with the gently moving water with a very calm and serene looking Buddah, as the visual counterpoint, to the dripping water.

I hope you like it.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I like this Buddha fountain. There aren't a lot of interesting fountains in my own area, mainly just natural lakes and streams.

    For me there's always been something about water, whether it's fountains or natural resources (swamps, creeks, streams, rivers, waterfalls, lakes, inlets, bays, oceans).

    I'll be curious to see what sort of mix you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention oceans. I have as my screen saver right now, the beach at Ventura. It definitely calms me, as the day gets more and more frustrating. :-)

    I am curious as to what mix I come up with, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image. It reminds me of a young bodhisattva statue in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. When I was a student, I was there a great deal and I would always go visit this sculpture each time. The serenity of the piece, and in your photo the water, make for a very pleasant and sooting visual and emotional moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bodhisattva, D, I never even thought of that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then I am good to go on this. :-)

    I hope it brings peace and tranquility to my corner of the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete