Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Today...Black Friday Tomorrow


Been a busy week here at the angel house.

On Tuesday, my guys boxed up my "Other" son #1's computer and shipped it to his duty station of Pensacola, Florida. He is taking advanced training in his field of study there. His field of study, brings him to the very location that my Dad served his time in the Navy at. That makes me happy in a strange way. Sort of that things have come full circle, at least in "my" mind. :-)

On Wednesday, we had rain and the last thing I wanted to do was drive in to work, so I did take the train. Hubby brings my son to college and finds out that his car has no water. He immedately stops by the dealer and has to have the water pump replaced. So he goes to the train station and gets my car. Good thing this happened yesterday, rather then today, a holiday.

My week finally sees the fourth member of our department return to the fold. He's been out due to surgery for over a month and we welcomed him back, by totally decorating his office for Christmas. He was touched by our happiness to see him back. :-)
Unfortunately, we are so behind, that long hours at work were the norm again. I will probably go in on Saturday, too, to finish some of the work that just did not get done in 3 days...but at least there are days off in between to enjoy.

So being I have not been home much, my house does not look as nice as this picture, at least not yet. I came home last night and prepared the dough for the rolls and I baked the pumpkin pie. Today, it's a fresh turkey (yay, not a frozen one), Cornbread stuffing, Cranberry Sauce that I made on Sunday, Sweet potatoes, and frozen corn. The Pumpkin pie and a store bought peach pie are desert.
My brother in law and his girlfriend are the guests for today. I just could not deal with more then family for this holiday.

On Friday, my guy gets to go to work just before 5AM, for what they at Walmart call, Blitz Day. They, as are the rest of the nation, are not sure who and how much stuff will be walking out the door, but they are cautiously optimistic that sales will be good. Some of the staff of the store, actually make breakfast for the associates, a nice tradition. He's not going to be happy...but at least he had 3 days off immediately before Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends on this that we call the Internet. Of the many things I am thankful of, it's my many friends who share parts of their lives, with mine. You are all the best.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your clan, Angel!

    Myself, I got a head start on the triptophan with a mid-afternoon nap and will partake of some turkey in about an hour or so. Then I can watch my Eagles likely get stuffed later tonight.

    :-)

    (And I'm all caught up on my Unit episodes as of this morning.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I did Black Friday once, lured out by some pre-crack-of-dawn bargain. And you couldn't pay me enough to ever go through that a second time. Yeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy thanksgivingto you and your family. Have been enjoying your water photos. BTW, Dim Skip, It's nice to see you around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found out that my hubby wants me to drive him to work tomorrow...at 5AM. My son informs me that he really HAS to have a 16 gig flash drive and so since I will be out anyway... ACK!!!!!


    Thanks for the good wishes, both of you.

    ReplyDelete