I went to bed on Election Night, happy. After 8 years of rule by our current President, I was cautiously hopeful that things would get better, with this election. That's not to say that I felt that John McCain would do a bad job, I actually liked the man. I am just very tired of the current administration and was glad to see my Country agree with me. So many times in my voting life, this has not been the case.
I wish Barack Obama luck. The job in front of him is massive and getting worse, by the day. Both abroad and here in The United States. It will not be easy and I pray that he places good people in leadership positions, to help him with the task.
On a final note: I am so proud to live in a Country where a man of color CAN be elected president.
Can we finally all learn to live together? I think that might be a possibility...and it's good.
No comments:
Post a Comment