
It happens every January 6th. The Feast of the Epiphany, AKA: The Feast of The Wise Men.
They followed a star, to find the Lord Jesus, their savior. It is written that they brought him gifts of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh.
Gold that signified that Jesus is King.
Frankincense which is a resin from a tree that is burned in sacred ceremonies, to help bring ones prayers up to heaven. It signified that Jesus is Priest.
Myrrh is another tree resin that was used in burials. It signified that Jesus was indeed, born to die for us.
Pretty heavy gifts filled with significance and of course, foreshadowing of the life he would lead.
Now a link to a very well written blog, by Earl Pomerantz, the writer of such programs as the Mary Tyler More Show.
If you have a free moment, please read his post called Your Presents Are Requested. As he is a writer, it is written as a screenplay. Enjoy.
==========================================
I would like to end with a little bit of what I quoted earlier:
The First Noel.
"They looked up and saw a star
Shining in the east beyond them far,
And to the earth it gave great light,
And so it continued both day and night...
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel, born is the King of Israel."
That was the funnest Blog I have ever read. You can tell by the style of the writing it was so 60's to late 70's, you said he wrote for Mary Tyler More show, but I see a lot of Dick Van Dyke, not that I am saying he wrote for the show it's just the style. any way good Blog :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I am glad you enjoyed Earl. Too bad this industry decides that writers must be young to be funny. Their loss.
ReplyDelete