Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Very Happy Birthday To The Man In My Life

He is 70 years old today.

Born during WWII, he was the entertainment for his family, in those dark, dark days...or so I hear.

When he visited his families deli in Chicago, they would mess up the stacks of cans, just to watch him straighten them out. Thankfully for me, one of his older cousins is still alive and tells me these stories, so I get a glimpse of the child my husband was.

I came to know him late in his life. He was 36 when we met and I was 24. Thankfully, I never had a single doubt that he was the man for me (my Mother did, but not I).

He had lived an entire life before I arrived, Childhood, HS, College, Military Service during the Vietnam War and 9 years working, after that service. He had friends who meant the world to him and I had to pass inspection, before I could marry him. :-)

Do I regret those lost years with him...sometimes, but maybe that is why our marriage has managed to make it these 32 years. He had a full life, ahead of "our" life.

No matter what, he has reached a huge milestone and I for one, am very proud of him.

Happy Birthday lover...and many more.

===================
Photo:
Taken at the Mall
of America, earlier
this year. He's
a Peeps fan.

4 comments: