Many years a go, a developer named Dale Poe built a community on the left side of the I-5 Freeway. He called it Stevenson Ranch and he refused to have anything to do with the new City of Santa Clarita, just beginning, on the other side of the freeway.
He has been dead for decades, but the mess he created, continues. The latest thing I saw, is that road signs have been added to that area, to match ours in the SCV. They are not as pretty as ours, but they carry the seal of Los Angeles County. I don't know where the money came from, but considering how huge Los Angeles County is, I am sure they really could have used that money for something a bit more important...like sidewalk or street repair.
The ultimate goal is to keep the residents from voting themselves into the City of Santa Clarita. If that happens, all the income from those tax payers would be lost, as would the income from The Valencia Marketplace (which includes the first Walmart in our area).
There has always been much confusion over the years, especially in regard to sports, activities and of course, our schools.
I wish they would become part of The City of Santa Clarita, since it would make life so much easier for all residents of this valley.

No comments:
Post a Comment